Employment Cover Letters
Here you can find some advice on employment cover letters. Your employment cover letter is very important. If you write it well, it will certainly increase your chances to get the job you are applying for. Your CV is important, too, but your cover letter will also tell a lot about you.
- You will write more about your qualifications and your working experience.
- You will emphasize your skills and abilities you consider important and useful for the job.
- Always provide some good explanations and arguments for everything you write about yourself. Do not be a narcissus and never overestimate yourself. That will create completely wrong impression, which is the last thing you need.
- Stick to the formal letters and do not improvise too much. You have to write an original letter, but you have to follow some basic directions and rules, concerning the form. Avoid using other people’s letters, since they are written for them, not for you. Everyone has different things to write about himself, so you will not be able to use someone else’s cover letter.
- Be concise and express your opinion in a coherent and consistent form.
- Write about your motives and reasons for applying for the job.
- Leave your contact numbers and e-mail and ask for an interview.
- Be polite! Thank them for their time and show your good manners.
Now that you know what you should write in your employment cover letter, you have to take care of one more thing. Read your letter after writing it and see if there are any errors to correct. Try to imagine that you are the employer and try to see your letter for the employer’s point of view. If necessary, ask for some advice and suggestions. Good luck!